Our goal is to get you using English with confidence. During our week-long immersion English courses, we promise to get you thinking in English. This is how:
- Listen to your needs, make a professional analysis of your language level and offer an effective, tailored, learning solution.
- Assess your knowledge of the language, take your specific requirements into account and jointly define ambitious and realistic learning objectives.
- Develop a programme within the framework of an intensive, participatory and structured educational approach
- Develop your communication skills by providing conditions that promote true linguistic immersion in a professional environment.
- Offer you a warm welcome to Ireland and provide you with great hospitality as well as cultural visits.
- Analyse your level of satisfaction and your suggestions so that we can continue to improve the quality of our service.
- Give you learning strategies to continue your language learning progress after the course has finished.
English Week Limited was founded in May 2013.
James Gaffney, the founder of English Week Limited, has worked for many years in the English Language Sector, in Ireland, the Middle East and South America, both as a teacher and as a Director of Studies.
In 2012 he moved to Brazil, to take up a teaching position with Celil, a company that provides week-long Immersion Language Courses to corporate clients there. While in Brazil, he was very impressed with the teaching methodology used and indeed the language progress and positive feedback of the course participants. He spoke with Mr Célio Silva, the owner of Celil Immersion Courses, about the possibility of replicating the same immersion course model on his return to Ireland, and was given the full backing to go ahead.
The first course is taking place in the Woodfield House Hotel, Ennis Road, Limerick, in August 2013.
A graduate of Law and European Studies and Teaching English as a Foreign Language at the University of Limerick, James Gaffney is the founder or English Week Limited. Having previously worked in journalism and financial administration, James now has many years English language teaching experience, in Ireland, Qatar and Brazil. In addition to his teaching experience, James also has experience in curriculum design and pedagogical management, having worked as the Director of Studies in two Limerick based English language colleges. When he is not working, James’ interests are varied: he enjoys running, football, travelling, good music and lively discussions.
Eithne Murphy a native Limerick teacher. Having finished school she pursued a career in Equitation, qualifying with a Masters in Equitation Science. She competed for many years in Show jumping, Eventing and Point to Pointing, she bought and sold horses and ran a busy riding school. Then she changed career and worked in ladies fashion, responsible for buying and managing a department store. Eithne later returned to education and did a Masters in TEFL and has been teaching for many years to students of all standards and ages. She was the Director of Studies for a Dublin company, ATC Language and Travel for some years. Eithne is very sporty and loves tennis, cycling and golf. She volunteers doing some social work in Limerick. She really enjoys teaching her students, particularly about Irish culture and helping them enjoy their experience learning English and making sure they love their time in Limerick.
Michael has over 15 years’ experience in language teaching, having taught in France, Italy, Spain, Australia and Ireland, and is fluent in French, Italian and Spanish. This experience and love of languages has sensitised Michael to the learner’s needs and the difficulties encountered in the language learning process. Michael also teaches Tai Chi and Qi Gong and facilitates a weekly meditation class.